Bronto Skylift offers a wide selection of high-reach truck-mounted aerial work platforms for wind turbine blade and tower inspection, maintenance, repair and cleaning needs. For over 40 years, we have supplied insulated and non-insulated truck-mounted work platforms around the world.
Designed for superior performance and safety
All Bronto units are designed to enhance operational performance and efficiency at challenging heights and environments. The easy maneuverability allows for fast driving and positioning at the jobsite. With advanced controls and one-button automatic leveling of the outriggers, the unit can be set up and elevated up to the overhead area in a matter of minutes.
The configuration of these work platforms combine extreme reaches with a wide selection of additional features. The wind energy productive pack includes a 3.7 meter wide extendable working cage with integrated electricity, air pressure and water connections. The optional features of the units include an electricity generator, pressure washer and water tank.
The safety features have been optimized by continuous development work and time-tested in the toughest conditions. Standard safety features include:
- Bronto+ control system and easy overall maneuverability enable smooth, accurate and safe entering close to the operating target
- Rigid work platform permanently attached to the telescopic boom allows safe operation in windy conditions (even at speeds of over 12 m/s)
- Operation controlled from the work platform gives superior visibility and operational accuracy
- Intercom between the work platform and ground
- Cage load sensor and overload alarm
- Wind speed indicator and alarm
- Two emergency descent systems (for example, if fuel runs out)
- Interlocks prevent the lifting of the booms until the outriggers have ground pressure and the unit is leveled correctly
- Emergency stop functions from the work platform, ground control and outrigger control center
- Twin cylinders on the main boom enhance sideways stability and safety. A shorter cylinder design also increases storage space on the decking.
Products for wind power
HLA articulated aerial work platforms
The HLA High Level Articulated range represents the ultimate in high rise access. Its optimized height to weight ratio enables maximum vertical and horizontal outreach without impairing the manoeuvrability and drivability of the vehicle.